BLOG 4 U!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Task 1

For this task I have decided to focus on Raph Koster's blog, which can be found here:

http://www.raphkoster.com/

Raphael Koster is an American author and lead game designer for teams building online virtual worlds and has had a lot of experience in the games industry, beginning his foray into the world of game design in 1992. He was lead designer for the game Ultima Online, a successful MMORPG.

It's interesting to be able to read from the perspective of an experienced individual in the games industry and I enjoyed reading his opinions. Because he is generally well known, each blog post generates many interesting and considered comments (I came across no "LOLz0rz ur rite dat games is teh secks" abominations) and it is particularly enjoyable to read the flood of varied opinions that follow each post. I feel this makes for an interesting and diverse blog with a fair amount of user input.

Blogging definitely strikes me as a more personal means of expression. I think that's what makes a blog so interesting to read as opposed to more formal and objective writings, the honesty and personality that is expressed through the blogger's blogs. I'm looking forward to being able to express my opinions more freely in this way as opposed to the formal essay structure.

I'm glad for the opportunity to use this blog and I intend to keep it up to date and interesting. I'm slightly apprehensive about writing for an invisible audience, but at the same time kind of glad that I'll be able to express myself to other people apart from one examiner. I'm really looking forward to getting a few interesting posts in and have enjoyed starting my blog.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home