BLOG 4 U!

Friday, April 18, 2008

The Blinding of Samson: Digital Masterpiece

Here's the orignal: I decided to recreate Rembrandt's "The Blinding of Samson" for my digital masterpiece, I just think it's such a powerful image, the lighting, composition, it's all epic stuff so I figured it'd be a fun picture to try and get even a bit of its grandeur across in a digital recreation.
This is my sketch, I spent absolutely ages trying to get the composition accurate and it was so much more difficult and complex than I first thought, it took way too long trying to get it right.

Here's my finished image, it took ages and ended up being an all-nighter but it was great fun to do. I never understood the sheer amount of detail and subtelties that go into the old master's work until I had to tackle it first hand and I have a now have even more respect for the original masters of art. I've really enjoyed these short projects, it's been great to try so many different styles and approaches to things, I've only got a couple left to do now but I'm looking forward to 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home