BLOG 4 U!

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Wii and Stuff

So, finally after many, many decades, Game decides to send the Wii we pre-ordered on November 8th so I thought I should say a few words on what I think so far. Um… it is a very hawt looking console and it is shiny. I am observant, no? Anyway, I’ll write like a normal person now.

The interface is great, very sleek and user friendly, who would have thought menus could be so much fun? I had a lot of fun creating my maniacal Mii and Wii sports was “Fun for all the Family!” *forced grin* We had a great time and nobody was injured, tennis is my favourite and my little brother destroyed me at boxing every time, I suffered no little humiliation.

I then gave Zelda a shot and have since played it for a good 20 hours or so. It’s a definite homage to Ocarina of Time and I’m a little annoyed with the lack of fresh gameplay elements considering its monstrous development time. Aiming with the Wii-mote is brilliant, horseback archery was never so much fun but I think motioning to swipe the sword seems a little unresponsive and tends to distract rather than immerse me. My major gripe is the boss fights; although cool and huge, they’re way too easy! All in all though, it’s good fun. The art style is nice and everything looks pretty cool except for a few anomalies such as kerazy hat physics, hat clipping, (he should take off the hat), random sunbeams and blurry textures. On the whole, good stuff… I can feel myself wanting to ramble on about it more now, I’m gonna stop myself and maybe write a post about it once I finish it.

All in all, good stuff. I’m looking forward to Smash Bros. Brawl and I’m sure a few others are too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home