BLOG 4 U!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gaming culture is a pretty interesting thing I reckon. That's 'cause I'm partial to finding it more interesting than other cultures due to such a heavy interest in games. With such a vast range of genres and styles of gameplay comes a massively diverse culture.

I suppose I'm part of various game cultures all of which are all quite different, for example, there'd be the Game Art Design course, a great culture with loads of people who are passionate about games. Then there'd be my Xbox Live online gamer culture with loads of angry 12 year olds who are passionate about insulting yo' Mom and corpsehumping. All of them are individual and interesting in different ways and I think gamers have a larger variety of cultures than many other forms of media don't achieve, due to the variety and player interaction found in games.

Internet culture is another fantastic and hilarious thing and I can never get enough of the fads that periodically fade in and out of existence. I think it's safe to say it goes hand in hand with games culture as the majority of heavy internet forum users are likely to be gamers in some form or another. Internet humour is probably one of the lowest forms of comedy but nowhere else have I found so many different things that make me burst into a choking fit of girlish giggles. Yes, it actually makes me LOL, lol. I'm still searching for something to make me ROFL, though.



I would say gaming culture occupies quite a large part of my life which is why it's nice to be able to have access to the different cultures surrounding gaming and things have never been better since I've joined the course, a whole new group of gamers to play against!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home